Why faux beams vs. solid wood beams?
The wood beam industry is experiencing a transformation that parallels the stone industry. Like stone veneers, faux wood beams use real wood on the outside with a hollow center that's more cost effective, more environmentally friendly and easier to install. The real wood exterior is available in a variety of textures such as distressed and old world finishes, and the hollow core can hide wires or plumbing and clad existing structures.
Our wood beams
We take pride in supplying beams that look identical to solid timbers. However, there are advantages.
- cross laminated to provide strength & stability against twisting & shrinking
- multi-layer proprietary locking joint that creates a seamless mitered corner
- beams up to 26 feet long with no butt joints
- tree ring end caps in 2 styles
Easy to install
- 2-sided, 3-sided & 4-sided options available to allow for installation flexibility
- light weight
- standard construction tools
- minimal cleanup within existing spaces
- up to 70% less wood than solid timbers, lighter weight to transport, less time for installation
- custom order dimensions specific to your project
- run ductwork, electrical, & plumbing through the centre of the hollow core beams
- wrap or clad existing support columns & bulkheads
- custom curved beams
- exterior and interior
- using 70% less wood than solid wood beams
- shipping is less weight & multiple beams can be cradled together
Beautiful wood finish
- available in a variety of hand textured options to allow for personal expression
- our beams are delivered unstained
Since 2003 we have been evolving to fit the changing wood beam market in Canada. We're proud to be one of the leading Canadian faux wood beam suppliers to home builders, interior designers, architects and do-it-yourself renovators, and we're continuing to find new ways to make your renovation projects unique. Whether it's a seamless arched wood beam or hand-crafted distressed wood ceiling beam, we've got a cost-effective solution for your project.